ATLANTA - Jernard Wells, the "Chef of Love," believes food and love go hand in hand, and he wants everyone to know how easy cooking can be.
Wells stopped by Good Day Atlanta Thursday morning with his collard greens recipe... and you'll most likely want to add it to your Thanksgiving menu.
The Chef of Love's Holiday Collard Greens:
- 12 hickory-smoked Turkey or Pork bacon slices, finely chopped
- 2 medium-size sweet onions, finely chopped
- 3/4 pound smoked ham hock or Turkey Wings,
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 (32-oz.) containers chicken broth
- 3 (1-lb.) packages fresh collard greens, washed and trimmed
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 Cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoon salt
- 1 TLBS Red pepper flakes
- 1 TLBS Olive Oil
- Cook bacon in a 10-qt. stockpot over medium heat 10 to 12 minutes or until almost crisp.
- Add onion, and sauté 8 minutes
- Add ham hock and garlic, and sauté 1 minute
- Stir in broth and remaining ingredients
- Cook 1 hour or to desired degree of tenderness