ATLANTA, Ga. - It’s the perfect day to honor our furry friends. That’s because it’s National Dog Day! This adorable day, celebrated on August 26, recognizes dogs of all kinds including those who need to be rescued as well as family pets that keep us safe and bring comfort to our homes. National Dog Day was founded in 2004 by Pet & Family Lifestyle Expert and Animal Advocate Colleen Paige.
There are lots of ways to show your love for dogs on this special day. According to nationaldogday.com, here are a few ways to celebrate:
- Adopt a dog from your local shelter or pure breed rescue organization
- Snap photos of your dog
- Assist an ill or elderly neighbor by walking their dog
- Brush your dog to eliminate excess fur
- Teach your dog a new trick
- Give your dog some fun exercise
FREE DOG ADOPTIONS: Lifeline Animal Project is offering free dog adoptions in honor of National Dog Day. For more details, click here.