Good Day Viewer Information April 13, 20 - Easter Brunch Recipes: Novelist and now cookbook author Mary Kay Andrews joins us with recipes from THE BEACH HOUSE COOKBOOK . For more information on Mary Kay Andrews or her cookbook release party click here.
Cinnamon Roll Bread Pudding recipe from Mary Kay Andrews:
For the pudding:
- ½ cup raisins 2 cups peeled, chopped tart apples
- ¼ cup rum or brandy (such as Honey Crisp, Pink Lady,
- 2 cups half-and-half or Granny Smith)
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown ½ cup finely chopped pecans
- sugar 2 Tbsp. (¼ stick) unsalted butter, cut
- ⅔ cup milk into pieces
- 5 large egg yolks 1 ½ Tbsp. cinnamon sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon For the icing:
- 1 tsp. grated nutmeg ½ cup powdered sugar
- Pinch of salt 4 tsp. milk
- 8 large cinnamon rolls, left uncovered overnight
- ½ tsp. white rum
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter a 7-by-11-inch casserole dish. Combine the raisins
and rum and let stand for 30 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 teaspoon of the rum.
2. Beat the half-and-half, brown sugar, milk, egg yolks, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and
salt together in a large bowl until well combined.
3. Cut the cinnamon rolls into 1-inch chunks and add to the egg mixture, tossing well
to coat. Stir in the apples, raisins, pecans, and reserved rum. Let stand for 30 minutes or
until the bread has absorbed most of the liquid.
4.Spoon the mixture into the prepared baking dish, dot with the butter, and sprinkle
with the cinnamon sugar. Place the baking dish in a roasting pan. Pour boiling water into
the roasting pan to reach halfway up the sides of the dish. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or
until the bread pudding is set and the top is browned. Carefully remove the bread pud
ding from the water bath.
5. To make the icing, whisk the powdered sugar, milk, and rum in a small bowl until
smooth. Drizzle the pudding with the icing and serve warm.
First-Ever Mizuno Experience Center Opens in The Battery: Mizuno is the Official Baseball Gear Partner of the Atlanta Braves -- and now, Braves fans have the chance to feel like a pro in a one-of-a-kind "experience center" in Atlanta.
The Mizuno Experience Center officially opened this week in The Battery Atlanta, the lifestyle development just outside the brand-new SunTrust Park in Cobb County. The Experience Center will serve as both a retail center for the sports equipment company and a fan attraction, equipped with simulators for running, golf, baseball, and more. Those technologies include a Golf Performance Fitting System (allowing golfers to find the perfect set of clubs to maximize his or her game) and a Bat Interactive Optimization System to help future Braves find the perfect bat weight and length.
Good Day Atlanta's Paul Milliken spent the morning at the Mizuno Experience Center, exploring this unique new addition to the home of the Braves.
Tomato plants with Pike Nurseries. For more information on Pike Nurseries click here.