ATLANTA - Ross Harris Trial: Jury selection begins today in Brunswick in the murder trial of Ross Harris a Cobb County man charged in the death of his 22 month old son. Harris is accused of intentionally leaving his son in a hot car. Trial lawyer and Emory Law School litigation professor Randy Kessler joins us this morning to break down some of the legal points in this case. For more information on Randy Kessler click here.
Good Day Atlanta Visits “Harry” In New York: The last time you saw Harry Connick Jr. on television, he was judging the final season of “American Idol.” Now, the multi-talented star is back, and this time he’s headlining a show all his own.
“Harry” is a new daytime entertainment show hosted by Harry Connick, Jr. and premieres Monday, September 12th at 2 p.m. on FOX 5 Atlanta. The show will feature music, celebrity guests, man-on-the-street interviews and special segments including “I Got This,” in which Harry steps into the shoes of a deserving woman, sending her to the spa while he takes over her day-to-day responsibilities. Premiere week guests include Sandra Bullock and cast members from the hit FOX show “Empire.”
Thanks to the assistance of FOX Publicity and NBCUniversal, Good Day Atlanta’s Paul Milliken traveled to New York to visit the “Harry” studio and chat with the busy host himself.
No Fuss Meals For Moms on the Run with "Garnish And Gather": We know you're busy on weeknights and the last thing you want to do is fuss with preparing a complicated meal . Today on Good Day Atlanta founder of "Garnish And Gather," Emily Golub joins us with an easy "Lemon-Sage Pork Meatball recipe over Spaghetti Squash." For today's recipe see below for more on "Garnish And Gather," click here.
LEMON-SAGE PORK MEATBALLS OVER SPAGHETTI SQUASH
WITH HERBED RICOTTA
1. PREHEAT OVEN & COOK SQUASH
• Preheat oven to 400º
• Slice squash in half lengthwise then discard seeds & rub squash with oil
• Place squash in roasting pan, cut-side down, with ½ cup water then cover with foil
• Cook 30-35 min, until tender (alternatively, microwave for 10-12 min in a microwave-safe dish,
without tin foil)
2. PREP & COOK MEATBALLS
• Zest lemon
• Juice lemon
• Chop sage
• In a large bowl, combine pork with milk, breadcrumbs, sage, 2 eggs, onion, lemon zest, half
of parmesan, cayenne (HOT!), salt & pepper
• Form into golf ball-sized meatballs & lay on baking sheet
• Cook 18-20 min, until cooked through
3. MAKE HERBED RICOTTA & FINISH SQUASH
• Chop thyme leaves & green onion
• Chop tomatoes
• In a bowl, combine ricotta with thyme, green onion, lemon juice, remaining parmesan, salt &
• With a fork, scrape spaghetti squash to form ‘noodles’
• Toss spaghetti squash with tomatoes, 2 Tbsp butter, salt & pepper
PLATE MEAL & ENJOY
Place spaghetti squash on plate, then top with meatballs & garnish with herbed ricotta & lemon