Lundi Gras celebration with Chef Henry Chandler form Henry's Louisiana Grill in Acworth: Lundi Gras is the day before Mardi Gras and one of the biggest party days of the season. Chef Henry Chandler from Henry's Louisiana Grill in Acworth stops by to give us a taste of carnival season on Good Day Atlanta. For today's Louisiana crawfish fettuccine recipe tossed in Lafayette cream sauce and the Holy Trinity see below. For more information on Henry's Lousiana Grill click here.
Crawfish Fettucine with Lafayette Cream Sauce
• 8 oz. fettucine, cooked
• 1.5 oz. olive oil
• 3 oz. multi-colored bell peppers, sliced
• 2 oz. onions, diced small
• 1 oz. celery, diced small
• 10 oz. crawfish tails, cooked and peeled
• 1/8 tsp. salt and pepper
• 1/8 tsp. Cajun seasoning
• 10 oz. Lafayette cream sauce
1. Prepare Lafayette cream sauce.
2. Sauté holy trinity (peppers, onions and celery) in 1.5 oz. olive oil on medium heat for 2 minutes.
3. Add crawfish tails and seasonings. cook for approximately 2 minutes.
4. Add cream sauce, combine thoroughly. Heat all the way through, approximately 3 minutes.
5. Top fettucine with hot cream sauce.
Lafayette Cream Sauce
• 1 oz. olive oil
• 1 tsp. minced garlic
• ¼ cup yellow onions, diced
• 2 cup half & half
• 2 cup heavy cream
• 4 tbsp. unsalted butter, cubed
• ¼ cup all-purpose flour
• 2 tsp. Cajun seasoning
• ½ tsp. cayenne pepper (optional)
• 1 tsp. salt and pepper mixture
• 4 oz. shredded parmesan cheese
6. Sauté onions in 1 oz. olive oil until translucent. Add garlic, cook for 1 minute; set aside.
7. Bring half & half and heavy cream to a simmer, 5 minutes. Set aside.
8. Melt cubes of butter in a large pan for 4 minutes until completely melted on low heat.
9. Sprinkle in flour while stirring and continue stirring until combined. Simmer and stir with wooden spoon on medium to low heat for 3-4 minutes until roux is blonde in color.
10. Combine all spices together and add to the heavy cream mixture along with sautéed onions and garlic; whisk thoroughly.
11. Whisk roux into hot cream mixture; combine thoroughly.
12. Whisk parmesan cheese into dish.
13. Simmer on low temp for 15 minutes while you prepare crawfish fettucine.
Henry’s Mardi Gras King Cake Martini
1 ½ oz Bailey’s
1 oz Vanilla Vodka
1 oz Grand Mariner
1 Splash of Cream
Chill in shaker, strain into sugar rimmed martini glass
Sugar: use purple, green and gold made with food coloring
Pet of the day from the Humane Society of Cobb County. For more information on how you can adopt today's pet click here.