Atlanta - Soccer “S.T.A.R.S.” shine at local YMCA program: It’s the day we’ve been waiting for, as the best soccer players around the world begin to take the field to compete in the FIFA World Cup 2018. But some local players are proving soccer doesn’t have to be competitive, and that sometimes the biggest wins come from the life lessons learned on the field.
Good Day Atlanta’s Paul Milliken spent the morning at the McCleskey East-Cobb YMCA in Marietta, learning more about the facility’s S.T.A.R.S. soccer program. The name stands for Sharing and Teaching all Abilities to Realize Self Strengths, and the program is specifically geared to young players with special needs. Will the young men and women learn the fundamentals of soccer? Yes. But program directors say they’ll also learn important skills including teamwork, self-confidence, and the benefits of physical activity. The S.T.A.R.S. soccer program meets Fridays at 6:30 p.m. at McCleskey East-Cobb YMCA, located at 1055 E. Piedmont Road in Marietta.
Pack like a pro for summer vacation: Celebrity stylist Robanne Schulman teaches Good Day Atlanta's Kaitlyn Pratt how to pack like a pro with space saving tips for summer vacation.
For more on Robann Schulman visit here website here.
See tips from Robanne Schulman below:
1. Plan ahead. Try to start a week out from your trip. Put everything on your bed you want to bring and edit it down from there.
2. Keep a Packing Checklist. On Your Phone Keep an ongoing list in your phone of items like absolute essentials to pack for every trip (charger, cleanser, etc.). It makes last-minute packing a lot less stressful because there's always a checklist for reference.
3. Keep a pre-packed Cosmetic bag with travel size samples of your faves I started keeping a separate travel bag stocked with travel size samples of my favorites so I can just grab my one bag and go, with no risk of forgetting some crucial cream or spray.
4. Pack Interchangeable Pieces Don’t pack an outfit for each day. Focus on neutrals , blacks/greys/blush/tan then add variety with a few tops and accessories that have more color and personality. This allows you to pare down the number of pieces you need while making it easy to change up your look. Max 3 pairs of shoes. Metallics are great bc they match everything.
5. Set your jewelry inside ziplocks to keep from tangling etc.
6. Use Packing Cubes- total game changer!
7. Use plastic bags from stores or dry cleaners for clothes that wrinkle. When packing clothes that wrinkle easily, lay the clothing flat inside a plastic hanging bag and then fold as normal. The plastic will prevent creases from setting in.
8. Roll don't fold. To maximize the space in your luggage, roll your clothes instead of folding them.
9. Pack clutch/evening bag in handbag/tote to save more space
10. Stuff socks and shoes, etc if you're low on packing space.