Gardening With Gurvir: Living Christmas Trees with Pike Nurseries expert Melodie McDanal. For more information click here
CONCUSSION actor Adewale Akinnoye-Agbaje : talks to anchor Karen Graham about the upcoming movie which is expected to be released nationwide on Christmas Day. Click here for more.
Holiday Nibbles: White Oak Kitchen & Cocktails chef T Richards stops by with recipes for delightful holiday party treats. Click here for more.
2cups Chopped Onions
2ea. Ancho Chili (hydrated)
½ cup Garlic
2cups Worcestershire Sauce
½ cup Cider Vinegar
1cup Red Wine Vinegar
1cup Tomato Paste
2cups Dried Cranberries
1tbs. Red Pepper Flakes
1tbs. Chopped Thyme
2cups 64% Dark Chocolate
1cup Cranberry Juice
½ cup Tomato Paste
In a heavy bottom sauce pot, caramelize the onions and garlic. Once they are caramelized, de-seed ancho chili and add them to the pot. Sauté for one minute. Add all remaining ingredients except for chocolate and tomato paste. Bring to a simmer and continue to simmer for 5 minutes. Add the chocolate and continue to simmer for 5 minutes. Add ½ of the tomato paste and remove from heat.
10qt . Water
5cups Table Salt
1/ 4cup Black Peppercorns
In a 15qt stock pot combine all ingredients. Place on stove and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Place brine in individual containers and store in refrigerator for up to 14 days. Or freeze for one year.
Quarter each fruit. Place fruit in brine along with product being brined.
- 1 1/3 cups butter, softened
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs + 1egg yolk
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon bourbon vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Beat butter at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer until creamy.
- Gradually add sugar, beating at medium speed until light and fluffy for approx. 5 minutes
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.
- Add Buttermilk & Vanilla to mixture and beat until incorporated
- Gradually add flour to the mixture until just incorporated
- Fold in lemon zest
- Butter & Flour pullman style loaf pan
- Pour batter evenly in the pan
- Bake at 325 for 1hour & 10 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean