Real Estate expert John Adams to discuss :Questions to Ask Before you Sign any Lease! ? For more information click here.
The Oceanaire Seafood Room's Lobster Bisque with Chef Justin Bishop. For more information click here.
Recipe The Oceanaire Seafood Room – LOBSTER BISQUE
3 Tbsp. butter
1 cup chopped white or yellow onions
1/2 cup chopped carrots
1/2 cup chopped celery
3 garlic cloves, minced
3 Tbsp. tomato paste
3 Tbsp. flour
2 cups Lobster Stock / Seafood Stock / Clam Stock
1 cup white wine
1/4 cup cognac or brandy
12 oz (or more) chopped lobster meat
1 tsp. smoked paprika
1 bay leaf
1 sprig fresh thyme (or 1/2 tsp. dried thyme)
1/4 tsp. cayenne
1/2 cup (or more) heavy cream
salt and freshly-ground black pepper
1. In a large stockpot, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the onions, carrots, celery, garlic and tomato paste, and saute for 5 minutes or until the onions are cooked and translucent. Sprinkle the mixture with flour, and stir to be sure that it evenly coats the veggies. Saute for 1 minute.
2. Add the seafood stock, white wine, cognac, lobster meat, paprika, bay leaf, thyme and cayenne, and stir to combine. Cook for 30 minutes over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally to prevent the bottom from burning.
3. Remove the bay leaf and sprig of thyme. Stir in heavy cream, and season if needed with extra salt and pepper.
4. Then puree the soup using an immersion blender. Or you can transfer the soup in small batches into a traditional blender and blending until smooth. (Always be careful not to fill a blender too full with hot liquids.)
5. Serve immediately with warm buttered croutons
Pet of the day from Furkids. For more information click here.