Children's Museum -Children's Museum Of Atlanta Prepares For Grand Re-Opening-
It's been months in the making -- but this weekend, the Children's Museum of Atlanta finally re-opens with a parade and ribbon-cutting celebration.
Work on the Atlanta museum has been underway since August, with crews transforming the space thanks to an $8.2 million project. Plans called for updating existing exhibits, the creation of two new permanent exhibits, and a new 3,000 square foot mezzanine level. There's also addition emphasis on STEAM education (which stands for science, technology, engineering, arts, and math). The museum's grand re-opening celebration is scheduled for this Saturday, December 12th.
Good Day Atlanta's Paul Milliken got a preview of the new and improved Children's Museum of Atlanta, and spent the morning exploring the facility with a few of his newest friends!
Pet of the day from PAWS Atlanta. For more information click here.
Cookie Swap Ideas with Chef Daryl Shular from Le Cordon Bleu. See recipe below. For more information click here.
Creative Christmas Cookies with Chef Daryl Shular of Le Cordon Bleu in Atlanta
Thursday, December 10 at 9 a.m.
Yields: approximately 24 macaroons
- 4 large egg whites
- ½ C. sugar
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- 1 vanilla bean
- 5⅓ C. (14 ounce bag) sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 C. semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
Method of Preparation:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg whites, sugar, salt and vanilla until foamy.
- Fold in coconut flakes until mixture is evenly distributed.
- Scoop golf ball sized mounds of coconut mixture, place almond in the center and roll into a ball. Place macaroons about one inch apart on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until outsides are a light golden brown color.
- Cool for 5-10 minutes on baking sheet.
- Melt chocolate chips over a double boiler. Dip bottoms of cooled macaroons into melted chocolate and transfer to parchment paper to set. Drizzle any remaining chocolate over macaroons if desired. Add crushed Candy canes if desired on top of drizzled chocolate.