Good Day Atlanta pet of the day from the Humane Society Of Northeast Georgia. For more information click here.
New Cirque Show Brings Fantastic World To Life-The story begins as Icarus falls from the sky -- and where he lands has thrilled and surprised audiences around the world.
The Cirque de Soleil show "Varekai" comes to Gwinnett Center for eight performances, July 29th through August 2nd. So what is Varekai? It's an imaginary world resting at the summit of a volcano, inhabited by incredible creatures. As always, this world is brought to life through music, colorful costumes, and the incredibly talented performers who make up legendary Cirque de Soleil.
Good Day Atlanta's Paul Milliken spent the morning at Gwinnett Center, getting a behind-the-scenes look at how the vivid world of Varekai comes to life. For more click here.
Do you want to be an "extra," in a local movie or TV show filming in Atlanta? Click here to view "Casting Call," with local actor and radio personality Greg Clarkson.
Time to "DISH," with "Dish Nation," host and reality star Portia Williams has to say about the latest entertainment news. For more on "Dish Nation," click here.
Three-legged dog and cat form special bond. The adorable story, adoption details, photos and more. Click here!
Lasagna Recipe from Davio's Northern Italian Steakhouse- Chef CarlosTavares and General Manager, Claude Guillaume joins us with a delicious Spinach-Cheese Lasagna recipe. For more on Davio's Northern Italian Steakhouse click here. For today's recipe see below
Yield 8 Mini Lasagnas
36 each Pasta sheets (cooked in boiling water, shocked, dried and cut to fit individual lasagna pans)
10 ounces Spinach, frozen roughly chopped (thawed and squeeze out excess water OR blanch your own)
¼ cup Olive oil
1 tablespoon Garlic, minced
To taste Salt and Pepper
1 pound Ricotta cheese
1 large Egg, beaten
½ cup Basil, chopped
4 cups Tomato sauce, puréed
1 pound Mozzarella, shredded
1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
4 cups Béchamel (see recipe)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a sauté pan, over medium-high, heat olive oil, add garlic, sauté lightly, add salt and pepper to taste, add spinach sauté lightly. Set aside
- In a large bowl, combine ricotta, egg, basil. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside
- Set up mini lasagna pans; cover the bottom with some tomato sauce.
- Place a pasta sheet over the sauce.
- Spread some ricotta mix over the pasta (using 1/3 of the mix for all 8 lasagnas). Sprinkle with mozzarella and parmesan. Drizzle some tomato sauce and some béchamel sauce over the cheese.
- Repeat 2 more layers.
- On the fourth and final layer of pasta, spreads some tomato sauce, drizzle béchamel sauce, sprinkle with mozzarella and parmesan cheese (no ricotta mixture on this layer).
- Bake lasagnas on a sheet tray for 25 – 30 minutes until hot and bubbly. Remove from oven.
- Let rest for 7 - 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with a salad and garlic bread.