Good Day Atlanta Viewer Information for Friday, July 3, 2015.
4th of July Container Garden: Click here for more from Pike Nursery
Gabriel's Desserts stops by Good Day Atlanta. For more information (including a menu and locations), click here.
Recipe from Gabriel's: Avocado, Tomatoe & Feta Cheese Salad or Appetizer
So fresh & delicious. A crowd pleaser every time. Page 51 in “How to Cook Like a Southerner” by Johnnie Gabriel, Author of “Cooking in the South with Johnnie Gabriel” and “Second Helpings”.
- 2 avocadoes, peeled, pitted and roughly chopped
- 4 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, trimmed and chopped
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt or kosher salt
- In a medium bowl combine the avocadoes, tomatoes and onion. Mix gently.
- Stir in the cilantro and feta. In a small bowl whisk the olive oil, red wine vinegar, cumin and salt together and then pour over the avocado mixture. Mix well but gently. Cover and chill in the refrigerator.
- Serve with blue or white corn chips, thin rice wafers or any other thin crackers OR as a salad on a bed of butter lettuce or arugula.
- Refrigerate any leftover for up to 2 days
Yields 8 salad servings or 20 appetizer servings.