DISH NATION: Reality show star and DISH NATION host Porsha Williams joins Good Day Atlanta's Alyse Eady with the latest "dish" on celebrity news. For more information on DISH NATION click here.
CASTING CALL: Local actor and radio personality Greg Clarkson joins us with the latest tv and film "extras" jobs in Georgia. Click here for more.
Pet of the day form the Humane Society of Northeast Georgia. For more information click here.
ULTIMATE CAR SEAT GUIDE: Click here to view information to help you pick out the correct car seat for your child and how to properly install them.
Young Chefs Academy Druid Hills: Chef Emerson Vandenburg joins us with a chocolate oatmeal with coconut butter recipe. For the recipe see below. For more information on Young Chefs Academy click here.
1 cup butter, room temperature
2 cups brown sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
6 Tbsp. cocoa powder
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 lb. dark chocolate chips
2 ½cups rolled oats
Stand mixer fitted with the paddle
2 sheet pans
Method (Time to Cook!) Create It!
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In the bowl of the stand mixer, cream the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Add the eggs, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Beat to combine.
4. Add the chocolate chips and oats and beat until all are combined.
5. Scoop the dough using a tablespoon scoop and place the cookies on sheet pan 2-inches apart.
6. Bake for 12 minutes. Pull when they look still slightly wet in the middle. Cool on the pan for 10
minutes then remove to a wire rack to finish cooling completely.
Yield: about 24 cookies