ATLANTA - Good Day Atlanta Viewer Information: Tuesday, September 6, 2016
Real estate expert John Adams stops by Good Day Atlanta for more information on John Adams click here.
Diabetic Warning: Outside of diet, there are a number of things you may not pay attention to that can cause a spike in blood sugar. Anything from lack of sleep to lack of brushing teeth. The FOX Medical Team's Beth Galvin has more on blood sugar triggers.
The Flying Biscuit Café stops by Good Day Atlanta with a "Eggceptional" recipe. For the recipe see below. For more on The Flying Biscuit Café click here.
2 teaspoons unsalted butter
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons canola oil
2 Love Cakes (black bean cakes) (see below)
2 tablespoons Green Salsa (see below)
1 tablespoon sour cream
1 tablespoon crumbled feta cheese
2 to 3 very thin slices red onion
In a small nonstick saute pan over medium heat, melt butter. Gently crack eggs into pan so that the yolks do not break. In a second small saute pan over medium-high heat, heat canola oil. Lightly brown love cakes on both side.
When the whites of the eggs are almost fully cooked, flip the eggs over and cook to desired consistency. Place Love Cakes on a serving plate and top with eggs. Garnish with Green Salsa, sour cream, feta, and red onion.
Black Bean Cakes
1 tsp. minced garlic
¼ lb. fresh diced yellow onions
1 – ½ tsp cumin, ground
¼ cup olive oil
1-1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/3 10 oz. can black beans
¼ cup Maseca corn flour
4 oz. diced yellow onion
¼ cup minced garlic
1 Serrano pepper, stemmed
1-1/4 tsp. kosher salt
½ bunch cilantro
1-10 oz. can tomatillos
Black Bean Cakes
1. Sauté onions, garlic, cumin and kosher salt in olive oil blend until translucent in large saucepan.
2. Place drained black beans in a container to mix. Using a hand mixer, mash beans to a thick paste. Add onion mixture and mix on low sleep until just combined.
3. Add Maseca at the very end and mix until combined.
4. Ball up a portion of the mixture to the size of a golf ball. Place 2 pieces of wax paper on the top and bottom and mash the ball into a flat pancake 3/8 inch thick.
1. Place onions, garlic, salt and Serrano pepper on a baking sheet pan and roast in the oven for 30 minutes. Sit in a bowl to cool.
2. Add drained tomatillos in the bowl with onions.
3. Place in the food processor and add the cilantro. Mix until pureed.
1. Place 2 Tbsp. of olive oil in a frying pan, once hot add 3 black bean cakes.
2. Cook both sides until browned and crispy, then place on a plate.
3. Add Tbsp. of green salsa on top of each Love Cake.
4. Add Tbsp. of sour cream on top of salsa.
5. Add Tbsp. of feta cheese over cakes.
6. Add 8 red onion spears on top.