ATLANTA - Healthy Summer Cooking with Vegan Kid Chef Shi Curry: See Shi Curry's recipe for "Summer Whipped Furit Pie," below. For more information on Shi Curry or her new book click here.
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Completed Time: 30 minutes
We're gonna need:
- 1/4 cup red grapes
- 1/4 cup ripe cantaloupe
- 1/4 cup honeydew melon
- 1 package of Tofutti non dairy cream cheese
- 1/8 cup evaporated cane sugar
- 2bsp of almond, soy, or coconut milk
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- Graham Cracker crust (Optional)
1. Slice cantaloupe and honeydew melon into bite size pieces, and mix with grapes in a bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, put non dairy cream cheese, sugar, milk, and vanilla extract. Mix with a whisk or hand blender for 1 minute.
3. Place fruit in a pie dish with or without graham cracker crust.
4. Spread whipped topping on top of the fruit until it's evenly spread.
5. Refrigerate for 30-45 minutes to help it set. This is best if kept in the fridge or freezer until ready to eat.
6. Think good thoughts, smile and enjoy!
Mingling With Monarchs: Butterfly Exhibit Returns To Roswell: They inspire everything from songs to television shows, and fashion to jewelry designs. Now, a local nature center is offering folks a chance to see the real thing – up close and personal.
The Live Butterfly Encounter Exhibit is back at the Chattahoochee Nature Center in Roswell, open daily from 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Mondays through Saturdays and noon to 4:30 p.m. on Sundays. The exhibit collects dozens of colorful, native butterflies under a tent, and allows guests to walk inside and be surrounded by the fascinating insects. Along with being a fantastic photo opportunity, the exhibit also raises awareness about the importance of butterflies in nature, and offers host and nectar plants for sale so visitors can attract butterflies to their own gardens. Access to the Butterfly Encounter is included with general admission to the Chattahoochee Nature Center.
Good Day Atlanta’s Paul Milliken spent the morning “mingling with Monarchs” inside the tent, learning more about these incredible creatures.