ATLANTA (FOX 5 Atlanta) - Atlanta's culinary and sports worlds will collide at the inaugural Provisions With A Purpose "Jerseys and Jeans" event.
Some of Atlanta's best chefs will be cooking up dishes and athletes from the Hawks, Falcons, Dream and Atlanta United will be on hand to celebrate. The event will benefit the March of Dimes.
On Good Day, American Cut's chef John Adamson joined Cory Moss from March of Dimes along with Michelle and Mikyle from the Atlanta Falcons cheerleading team to preview the event.
Adamson shared a tuna poke recipe with viewers to try at home.
Provisions With A Purpose is taking place Saturday at 7 p.m. at The College Football Hall of Fame. For more on the event click here.
For today's recipe from American Cut's Chef John Adamson see below.
Tuna Poke recipe
- Sushi grade tuna -4oz
- GF Soy sauce - .5oz
- Toasted sesame oil - .25oz
- Avocado - 1/2
- White peaches - 2oz
- Thai Chilies - 1/10 of a pepper minced
- Toasted Sesame seeds - 1tsp
- Micro Cilantro - 1tsp
- Salt to taste
- Cut the tuna, peaches, and avocado into 1/4” cubes and set aside.
- Cut the Thai Chile into small ribbons and set aside.
- In a small bowl add the tuna, peaches, chilies, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Lightly mix.
- Add the avocado and gently fold.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Spoon the finished mix onto your plate and garnish with toasted sesame seeds and cilantro.