ATLANTA (FOX 5 Atlanta) - Chef Jon Schwenk and his son Christian Schwenk stopped by Good Day Atlanta Thursday to teach Sharon Lawson how to cook a blackened Gulf grouper with jumbo lump blue crab.
C&S Seafood is opening up a new location in Sandy Springs. For more information click here. For the recipe see below.
Blackened Gulf Grouper with Jumbo Lump Blue Crab
Chef Jon Schwenk | C&S Seafood and Oyster Bar
Vegetable Basmati Rice
4 cups cooked basmati rice
2 cups XS dice of zucchini, yellow squash, carrot & daikon radish
1/8 cup clarified butter
2 Tbsp chopped parsley
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Heat the butter on med high heat, add the vegetables and sauté for 90 seconds to 2 minutes.
2. Add the rice, stir well, lower the heat and cover for around 5 minutes till rice is hot.
3. Add chopped parsley, season with salt & pepper
3 sticks cold unsalted butter (24 tbsp.), cut into chunks
1⁄4 cup dry white wine
1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
1 tbsp. minced shallots
1⁄4 tsp. kosher salt
Pinch of white pepper
1⁄2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
1. Have butter ready. Bring wine and vinegar to a boil in a saucepan; add shallots, salt, and pepper. Lower heat to a simmer; cook until most of the liquid has evaporated. (There should be about 1 1⁄2 tbsp. liquid left. If reduced too far, add 1 tbsp. water to remoisten.)
2. Remove pan from heat; whisk 2 pieces of butter into the reduction. Set pan over low heat and continue whisking butter into sauce a chunk at a time, allowing each piece to melt into sauce before adding more.
3. Remove sauce from heat; whisk in lemon juice. Taste and adjust seasoning, then strain through a fine sieve into a bowl. Serve with fish, poultry, or vegetables.
Jumbo Lump Crab Mixture
8 oz. Jumbo Lump Crab Meat
1 tbsp. fresh parsley
1 tbsp. creole seasoning
1. Mix together and serve with rice and fish