From bananas to berries, FOX Consumer Reporter Steve Noviello shows simple techniques to extend the shelf life of fruits and veggies. He shared these life hacks for your fridge.
- Wrap the crown of bananas in plastic wrap. They will stay for an additional week.
- Store onions in pantyhose to keep them fresher longer.
- Rinse berries in a vinegar and water mix to keep them bright and mold free longer.
- Puncture plastic produce bags to allow to escape.
- Move the milk. It's best stored on the shelf and not on the door.
- Toss spoiled produce. This reduces the amount of ethylene gas in the fridge and helps keep other produce fresher.
You can follow Steve Noviello on Facebook right here.